The Best All Clad Cookware Set
All Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set
We personally love All Clad cookware. It’s well known for its durability, performance and stylish good looks. In our opinion, you really can’t go wrong if you have an All Clad cookware set in the kitchen.
We often get asked what we consider to be the best cookware set in the All Clad range. That’s really a difficult one to answer because they are all different in their own right however our favorite would have to be the All Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel range of cookware and in particular the All-Clad Try-Ply Stainless Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set which we will go through thoroughly in this review.
It’s one of the best in the range in our opinion for practicality, value for money and overall suitability for the serious home cook. And for the larger family this set also comes with 14 pieces.
The All-Clad Try-Ply Stainless Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set is not only ideal as a starter set but will suit any serious home cook. We personally think it is one of the best we have seen for functionality and practicality. But not only that, it is just a beautiful set to look at. In fact it looks so good that when you first get a set, you will just want to sit and stare at it for a while before you use it.
What’s In the Box
The 10 Piece set (recommended for couples and smaller families) includes a:
- 8 inch fry pan
- 10 inch fry pan
- 2qt saucepan with lid
- 3qt saucepan with lid
- 3qt sauté pan with lid
- 8qt stock pot with lid
The Tri-Ply range also includes a 5 piece, 7 piece, 8 piece and the 14 piece set , which includes an additional fry pan, saucepan and sauté pan for a larger family. Of course it all comes down to lifestyle and budget as to which set will suit you and if you purchase the 10 piece set you can always add to it later as your circumstances change.
You can read our review for the 14 piece All Clad Cookware Set here.
What Makes All Clad Tri-Ply Cookware So Great!
All-Clad do everything right when it comes to their cookware. First of all, the Tri-Ply range is made up of an outer layer of magnetic stainless steel, an inner core of aluminum and an 18/10 stainless steel cooking surface. This method of construction provides for even heat distribution and makes for excellent cooking results.
If you are going to buy any sort of cookware then always make sure that the core of the cookware is made from either copper or aluminum because there is no doubt about it, you will really notice the difference in how your meals turn out.
With this All Clad set the aluminum is not only in the base but it also extends up the sides – something you don’t often see in cookware. This mean that these pans heat quickly and evenly so that you don’t have the problem of hot spots which can result in unevenly cooked foods.
It also means that lower temperatures are required when using this sort of cookware. So if you are changing to this quality stainless steel cookware set from a cheaper brand of cookware this is something you will need to get used to. Having an aluminum core makes this set very energy efficient.
And remember that the aluminum is sandwiched between the stainless steel so you won’t be exposed to aluminum.
All Clad are all into precision so you won’t see any shoddy workmanship here. The lids on these All Clad pans fit neatly and the riveted handles mean that you won’t ever have the problem of handles becoming loose and falling off. The handles also stay cool on the stove top but ensure you use oven mitts when using the pans in the oven. We really like the ergonomically designed, long handles and the thumb indent for comfort.
One thing that can’t be beat is the beauty of All Clad cookware and this set is no exception. The magnetic stainless steel provides a beautiful polished exterior and this set will really look the part hanging from a pot rack or displayed in an open cupboard in your kitchen.
The set is also dishwasher safe. However, it has always been my preference to hand wash my All Clad cookware as I don’t want the finish to be dulled by strong dishwashing detergent.
This set is designed to be used on all conventional type ranges as well as on induction cook tops. You can also use these pieces in the oven with the stainless steel pots oven safe to 450F.
Another new addition to the the Tri-Ply range are the new etched bottoms which as you can see from the image display the All Clad brand, the words “Handcrafted in the USA” and the size of the pot or pan. Our older All Clad pots had nothing on the bottoms so there was no way of knowing whether you had a 2qt pot or a 10inch frypan.
This set comes with a lifetime warranty covering any defects, imperfections or shoddy workmanship as a result of normal use.
Is it Cheaper to Buy Individual Pieces or to Buy the Complete Set?
It is always going to be more expensive buying individual pieces than it will be to buy a full set so keep this in mind when making your purchase. We did the calculations for each individual piece in the10 piece set and it came to just under $800 if we were to buy the pieces separately. This is way more than you will pay for the complete set.
What We Don’t Like
There isn’t anything that we don’t like about this great set except for the price. In comparison to other brands, All Clad is expensive however we figure that it is a set that will last a lifetime. And we believe it is worth it for the quality and performance you will get from this set.
Where Can I Buy the All Clad 10 Piece Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Set?
You can purchase All Clad Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware from Amazon.
Past Issues With All-Clad Cookware - Now Resolved!!!
All Clad did have some issues in the past, however these have been resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.
- The first issue related to the handles which we have mentioned on this site in the past. We personally found them to be thin and a bit uncomfortable especially when it came to carrying a full pot.
- It has been one of the biggest complaints about All Clad cookware sets. However, fortunately for all of us All Clad listened to what their customers had to say and introduced larger, more comfortable handles…very nice!
- One of the biggest issues however was when All Clad, who had previously handcrafted their cookware in the US, began to manufacture their lids in China. Obviously this was an attempt to save money and it outraged a lot of diehard All Clad fans. Fortunately, All Clad listened once again and both their Tri-Ply cookware and the lids are now once again being made in the US with good ol’ American made steel and craftsmanship.
So with these two issues having been sorted out All Clad are back in the good books once again and focusing on what they do best – making good quality solid cookware that will last a lifetime.
What Others Are Saying
We found that consumer reviews on the internet are overall positive with very few negative comments. Most reviewers left a 5 star rating.
The main comments include:
- The pans are heavy but not uncomfortably so.
- One person liked the weight until it came time to wash them. Others had no problem with the weight so this factor will be a matter of personal choice.
- One of the most common comments was that although that this was an expensive set it is one that will definitely last the long haul. Most loved the durability coupled with the elegant good looks of this set.
- A few mentioned that food cooks better and more evenly and it is an easy to clean set. I can personally vouch for this.
- One said it was the best investment they ever made – and we agree.
- Many were amazed that the handles just don’t get hot on the stove top even if they have been cooking for quite a while.
Some of the more general comments included:
- excellent cookware
- wonderful product
- solid and versatile
- very happy with this set
- love my All Clad cookware
- the set is gorgeous and works well
- cookware is fantastic
You can purchase All Clad Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware from Amazon.